Friday, September 16, 2016

Wishing You a Happy Day with a Cone Flower

My third one for this week! I hope that I can keep this up! LOL

This clean and simple card is not as “stiff” as my first one. You can see my first clean and simple for September HERE. I am not saying that the artist’s illustration is stiff (I adore this artist’s, Melanie Muenchinger, illustrations!); I am saying that my layout is stiff in that first one. I feel like this one is a looser layout.



This was a wonderful project to work on. This was the first time I used my Tombow markers and I love them!  Some of the markers have some underlying colors. I used the Peacock Blue in the background. After it was dry I can see pinks, purples, and blues.

As you can see, I got a little carried away with my liquid pearls. After I colored the flower centers with burnt sienna and black, I decided that those centers needed some buttercup Liquid Pearls. That was the wrong decision! I covered those little blips with dark chocolate. Now those centers look a little more like the centers of cone flowers (imagination may be needed).

Here is the list of supplies used in this creation:

N15-Black, 126-Light Olive, 177-Dark Jane,
533-Peacock Blue, 606-Violet, 620-Lilac, 947-Burnt Sienna;
Distress Ink: Blue Print Sketch (added to the edges of the top panel);
and the sentiment from Cindy Echtinaw Designs.
(The set I used is "Say it Your Way Fancy."
The majority of Cindy's clear stamps
are designed to be used with Spellbinder's dies.)
Watercolor Paper: Ranger’s Watercolor Paper
(This is my favorite watercolor paper to date!)
Cardstock: white and blue from my stash


"Wishing You a Happy Day" will be entered in the following challenges:
Art by Miran – Anything goes
Creative Corner Challenges – No patterned paper
Addicted to Stamps and More – Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp – Clean and simple
Cards und More – No patterned paper

I really appreciate all your comments and visits! If you need any help or you have questions, just shoot me an email.

Until next time,
Aletha Jane Williams

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!