Friday, September 16, 2016

Wishing You a Happy Day with a Cone Flower

My third one for this week! I hope that I can keep this up! LOL

This clean and simple card is not as “stiff” as my first one. You can see my first clean and simple for September HERE. I am not saying that the artist’s illustration is stiff (I adore this artist’s, Melanie Muenchinger, illustrations!); I am saying that my layout is stiff in that first one. I feel like this one is a looser layout.



This was a wonderful project to work on. This was the first time I used my Tombow markers and I love them!  Some of the markers have some underlying colors. I used the Peacock Blue in the background. After it was dry I can see pinks, purples, and blues.

As you can see, I got a little carried away with my liquid pearls. After I colored the flower centers with burnt sienna and black, I decided that those centers needed some buttercup Liquid Pearls. That was the wrong decision! I covered those little blips with dark chocolate. Now those centers look a little more like the centers of cone flowers (imagination may be needed).

Here is the list of supplies used in this creation:

N15-Black, 126-Light Olive, 177-Dark Jane,
533-Peacock Blue, 606-Violet, 620-Lilac, 947-Burnt Sienna;
Distress Ink: Blue Print Sketch (added to the edges of the top panel);
and the sentiment from Cindy Echtinaw Designs.
(The set I used is "Say it Your Way Fancy."
The majority of Cindy's clear stamps
are designed to be used with Spellbinder's dies.)
Watercolor Paper: Ranger’s Watercolor Paper
(This is my favorite watercolor paper to date!)
Cardstock: white and blue from my stash


"Wishing You a Happy Day" will be entered in the following challenges:
Art by Miran – Anything goes
Creative Corner Challenges – No patterned paper
Addicted to Stamps and More – Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp – Clean and simple
Cards und More – No patterned paper

I really appreciate all your comments and visits! If you need any help or you have questions, just shoot me an email.

Until next time,
Aletha Jane Williams

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring on these, and love that they are done with dye ink markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous card I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for entering our challenge. Gr Veerle DT Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning and those cone flowers are perfect! Thanks for joining Creative Corner Challenges this week! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you coloring the flowers
    so adorable
    Luv your card much
    many thanks to play along with us at ATSM this week
    big hugs
    Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring of the flowers. Love the colour wash on the background of the flowers. Perfect CAS card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Clean and Simple Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!