Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Peony Because You Are Special

How about a second one for this week?

I have been trying to get back to the clean and simple style for card making. I have plans starting in November and December to participate in a couple of arts and crafts festivals. I have not been able to go to these events because of my health. I love being in that atmosphere and I think that I am finally strong enough to try again.


This A2 card was a challenge, but I think I finally like it. I have been stocking up stamping supplies with Gina K Designs. You all need to check out her site. Her illustrators are amazing, her cardstocks are to die for, and her inks match the cardstock perfectly. She even has the A2 envelopes to match the cardstock and most of the cardstock is “base weight,” not just the 80# weight.

Let’s get on with my card. The stamp set, Stately Flowers 8, was designed by Melanie Muenchinger. I decided on the Peony for this card. Check out Melanie’s YouTube channel here. Also, head over to Gina K Designs and check out Melanie’s stamps here. I first stamped the image on X-Press It Cardstock with Momento ink. From there I proceeded to complete my Copic Coloring.


 Copic markers used for this card are:
Peony: RV91, 93, 95, 99 + Y18;
Leaves: G20, 21, 24, 29;
Background: BG000, 10, 93, B02, + blender.


Other supplies are:
Liquid Pearls: Buttercup;
Border die: Alison’s Ribbons;


The challenges that I will be entering are: 
Artistic Expressions – Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart – Always Anything Goes
Incy Winchy Designs – Color Combo (I used 3 colors)
Colouring in Scrapland – Clean & Simple

I guess that’s it for today. I hope you come back soon for a visit. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Aletha Jane

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Your coloring on the peony is wonderful. Thanks for including the Copic colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flower and very pretty coloring! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Colour Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aletha - I really love your card, especially the CAS layout! The peony is so pretty and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in the fun at Incy Wincy Designs this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, beautiful coloring, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Aletha! I hope you're feeling better these days.
    Love this CAS desing, it's so elegant!
    You've made the perfect combination between the peony and the frames.
    Thank you for joining us in Colouring in Scrapland.
    Hugs
    Nelida-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visitng! I appreciate all and every comment! You do my soul good!

I'm Moving!

I am moving my blog to my website at AJ's Design Artz . I hope you stop by!